SPOILER WARNING: You’re entering a spoiler-friendly zone. If you haven’t seen Scream 4 yet, tell everyone you’ll be right back, and go check it out before diving in.
Even with the theater three-quarters full, it was still really loud. Not people talking on cell phones or making dumb comments. No over-confident high school senior trying to impress his date by scoffing at every scene. No middle-aged man asking his wife what was going on.
It was loud because people were laughing, screaming, and generally losing their minds to Wes Craven’s newest nightmare (which is conveniently not titled Newer Nightmare).
My particular midnight screening was a solid horror experience where the entire audience was on board for the ride, even when things got bumpy. That’s why the parking lot was full of people talking about the movie afterward, and it was damned refreshing to see all those people geeking out about what was just on screen. But enough about me. Let’s hear about you.
What did you think of Scream 4?
A few things to think about:
- How about that killer, eh? Not bad.
- Wasn’t it nice to see a bunch of people get hacked up in a horror movie? Body count fans rejoice.
- Was there too much meta?
- Scale of 1–10: How great was it to see a female movie dork?
- Also, how fantastic was that introduction?
- Non-horror question: Will everyone soon be walking around with headsets, live-vlogging their lives?