Join Us For a Special Online Screening of Akira Kurosawa’s ‘Rashomon’ with Special Guest Expert Landon Palmer
In 1950, Akira Kurosawa released a film based on two stories, told from four perspectives. Rashomon is a gorgeous exercise in minimalism with courageous acting from Toshiro Mifune, Masayuki Mori, Machiko Kyo and Takashi Shimura. This iconic movie tells the tale of the rape of a woman and the murder of a man, but the details and actions change depending on who’s telling the story. For those who haven’t seen it, it’s high time they did. For those that have, they know how infinitely rewatchable it is.
It is, without hyperbole, one of the best movies ever made, which is why we’re honored to be hosting a very special online screening of this masterpiece on Wednesday, March 28th at 7pm Central. It’s our first, powered by our new partnership with Constellation, and the perks are undeniable:
- The site works like a box office, but the movie comes to you.
- Which means you don’t have to leave the house or put on pants to enjoy the movie.
- There’s an interactive chat room during the screening where we’ll be tossing out trivia and conducting viewer polls…
- …but you can turn it off if you just want to see the movie purely.
- Plus, we’ll be hosting a Q and A after the movie with Kurosawa fan/expert Landon Palmer.
Tickets to the event are as low as $3.99 and you can get discounts for sharing the event on Facebook and inviting friends. Plus, we have 10 free tickets to give away, so if you want the access code, email me with why you love Rashomon or why you’re dying to see it. We’re looking forward to experiencing this incredible flick with all of you, and please be on the lookout for more screenings brought to you by Film School Rejects.